Saturday, January 13, 2007
After sleeping in on Saturday, I was ready to begin my day. The first place I went to was the Pike Place Market. It was much bigger than I imagined and I spent a few hours roaming around and buying way too many souvenirs. I also ate lunch at the market and visited the first Starbucks. By the way, Seattle has 107 Starbucks, crazy! After the market, I bought a copy of the P.I. from a stand, went back to my hotel and read most of it.
Pike Place Market.
Around 2 p.m. I went on a three hour bus tour of Seattle that I had the hotel concierge arrange for me. The tour was full of information and sights. I saw a fisherman's memorial, boats go through locks, the floating house from the movie Sleepless in Seattle, the architectural wonder of a library and Seattle neighborhoods, among other sights.
After that I went to a great restaurant called Rock Bottom, which was a block away from my hotel. The food was great and the atmosphere was lively because the Seahawks game was on TV. After that it was dark outside, so I decided to head back to the hotel and spent the rest of the evening updating on the internet and watching TV.
Oh, in case you are wondering, when my reservations were made I asked to spend an extra night in Seattle since I had never been there before and wanted to see the sights. Otherwise I would have had to have flown out Saturday and that just seemed like too quick of a trip. So continuing..On Sunday I checked out of my hotel at noon and had them hold my bags for me. I then went back to the market because Saturday my camera batteries died before I got all the pictures I wanted.
Next, I walked to the Washington Ferry Docks and I took the ferry to Bainbridge Island and back. The ferry was much larger than I imagined it would be. and the view of the city from the water was beautiful.
After that, I took the monorail to the Space Needle. I really didn't want to spend $14, but I did and went to the top of the Space Needle. The view from the top was sweet. I went on the deck outside and it was super windy. I had a guy take the picture of me below, look at my hot hair flying everywhere. Inside the O Deck they had a time line of the Space Needle, which I enjoyed reading. The only thing I didn't like about the Space Needle was that I could feel it moving slightly with the wind. I know this is normal, but it still scared me a little.

My hair is everywhere. On top of the Space Needle.
After the Space Needle I took the monorail back downtown and walked around the city for awhile before going back to the hotel to head to the airport. I took a taxi to the airport, said goodbye to Seattle and got on my plane. Hopefully, I will be able to return to Seattle sometime in a future summer, I am definitely not done with that city yet!
Around 2 p.m. I went on a three hour bus tour of Seattle that I had the hotel concierge arrange for me. The tour was full of information and sights. I saw a fisherman's memorial, boats go through locks, the floating house from the movie Sleepless in Seattle, the architectural wonder of a library and Seattle neighborhoods, among other sights.
After that I went to a great restaurant called Rock Bottom, which was a block away from my hotel. The food was great and the atmosphere was lively because the Seahawks game was on TV. After that it was dark outside, so I decided to head back to the hotel and spent the rest of the evening updating on the internet and watching TV.
Oh, in case you are wondering, when my reservations were made I asked to spend an extra night in Seattle since I had never been there before and wanted to see the sights. Otherwise I would have had to have flown out Saturday and that just seemed like too quick of a trip. So continuing..On Sunday I checked out of my hotel at noon and had them hold my bags for me. I then went back to the market because Saturday my camera batteries died before I got all the pictures I wanted.
Next, I walked to the Washington Ferry Docks and I took the ferry to Bainbridge Island and back. The ferry was much larger than I imagined it would be. and the view of the city from the water was beautiful.
After that, I took the monorail to the Space Needle. I really didn't want to spend $14, but I did and went to the top of the Space Needle. The view from the top was sweet. I went on the deck outside and it was super windy. I had a guy take the picture of me below, look at my hot hair flying everywhere. Inside the O Deck they had a time line of the Space Needle, which I enjoyed reading. The only thing I didn't like about the Space Needle was that I could feel it moving slightly with the wind. I know this is normal, but it still scared me a little.
My hair is everywhere. On top of the Space Needle.
After the Space Needle I took the monorail back downtown and walked around the city for awhile before going back to the hotel to head to the airport. I took a taxi to the airport, said goodbye to Seattle and got on my plane. Hopefully, I will be able to return to Seattle sometime in a future summer, I am definitely not done with that city yet!
